The Aurora Australis, also known as the Southern Lights, made a spectacular appearance over the weekend.
Of his experience spotting the lights from Bruny Island, Graham Michael Freeman said, “The sky went wild here in Tasmania, but I only caught the tail-end of the spectacular display - Incredible pinks and purples, and you can see a little of the greens through the trees at our camp.”
Go Behind The Scenery and also click here to create your very own visual Tassie Travel Bucket List!
Photo credits in order of appearance: Insta_graham23, lovethywalrus, mattglastonbury and ffourie.
Word Of The Week
Komorebi ~ Sunlight that filters through the leaves of trees.
☮ ❤ ॐ
This is most most bizarre underwater world in Austria’s (western Europe).It complicity different with other Nature gifts.yes the winter time almost half of the year,the lake is almost completely dry and people used as a park. However, during the spring, when the temperature rises and the snow melts from surrounding mountains, the basin of land below the mountains fills with water.each and every year 12m of water rising temperatures.
Lost Underwater Lion City: Rediscovery of China’s ‘Atlantis’
Qiandao Lake is a man-made lake located in Chun’an County, China, where archeologists have discovered in 2001 ruins of an underwater city. The city is at a depth of 26-40 meters and was named “Lion City”. There would have been 290,000 people living in this city during more than 1300 years.
- push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
BEST FRIENDS (x)
I CAN’T HANDLE THEM
it’s a plot to break us all with their cuteness.
WHERE are they getting this stuff !!
By Lauren [tumblr]
Celestial Navigation Chart of the ‘Verse
(click to embiggen; 4500 x 4500 pixels)
Created by ShadowTek (on FireflyFans.net), based on The Verse in Numbers by J. Chris Bourdier and The Astrogation Reference Chart of the ‘Verse by William T. Pace.
Created primarily for use in the various Firefly/Serenity RPGs.
Interesting point made by one fan - in order for travel times in the movie Serenity to make sense, the planet Beaumonde (where Mal and the crew met up with Fanty and Mingo at the Maidenhead Bar) would have to be in the Blue Sun system, along with every other location in the film (Lilac, Haven, Miranda and Mr. Universe’s moon). There’s no way to get from Lilac to Beaumonde in ten hours if Beaumonde were in the Kalidasa system … as is shown in The Official Map of the ‘Verse, which is considered canon and which may well be … *gasp* … wrong!
Ultimately, of course, it’s up to Joss. It’s his ‘Verse. In the meantime, this alternate view of the ‘Verse is mighty shiny.